Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wows , hmmms and Why Not?? s

 
 
 
 



Okay, I'm shameless and weak, I admit it.  Some more good ole' conspicuous flag-waving to start with.....

Even we quiet, polite self-effacing Canucks have to indulge occasionally. Today The International Space Station changes commanders and a Canadian, Chris Hadfield,  takes the helm.  Once again that line from the Thrift Shop song says it for me!



 
 
 

 
 


In the process of finding out more about this near heavenly event, I found myself at the Virgin Galactic website and had one of those " wow" type moments, and one of those " hmmm" type ones as well!  The wow is for the fact that it's possible to book a flight - and maybe a bit for the 200 large that you'll have to plunk down in order to do so. Presumably, every seat is a window seat !  I wonder if they play " The Blue Danube " whilst in flight?  Supposedly a number of celebs have signed up including Tom Hanks, The Pitts ( You know, Brad and the Missus ) and Stephen Hawking.

Again...wow!








 The hmmmmm.. came  after beholding the spacecraft itself and thinking , "Haven't I seen that one somewhere else ?

On the landing deck of a Death Star perhaps?"






When things like this, that I once thought of as being almost wholly within the realm of the fantastic actually make the move from "what if?" to "when?" it sets me to thinking about other such fanciful stuff. That, plus your mention, Carolyn, of things becoming affected by the subconscious takes me back to one of my fairly regular "why not?" items ( why not? is just the b-side of the "what if" coin, anyhow! )


 Since we can almost always conjure up memories of all but the most mundane and unassuming parts of our lives, why can't we do the same with the dreams that we have -  i.e. why can't we replay our dreams?  After all aren't they just items from our subconscious?  If we have all the components there to experience them once why not over again?  




 
 


I have lots of dreams that I'd love to experience again, including an absolute beauty just a few nights ago! I don't want to go back in time and re-experience  them or do the  looping "Groundhog Day" thing. I just want to be able to replay them the same way I do with conscious memories.


Why Not, eh ?!   When are the lab-coats gonna accelerate the particles on this one?



From dreams to riddles now.  You were right on the money Carolyn, with the last one. Sneeze it was, indeed.



 
 
Your most recent one, I'm gonna guess, is a  printer ( hard to believe that you can, if you keep your bargain eyes open, buy a whole printer for less than an ink cartridge.) 
 
 
Here is another:






Smiles left at the doorway

Sentiments on sombre display
Past tense rules conversations
People wrestling with mutability



Don


P.S.   - Let's just say that the 8-ball playoffs will go down as a character-building experience and certainly one which, if it had been a dream (which I wish it had)  I do not want to replay.......
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment